If you haven’t signed up for Sylvan Nation yet, here are the answers (“A”s) you’re looking for on this unique parent resource.
I don’t fully understand what Sylvan Nation is…
Sylvan Nation is a free website that’s been specially created for parents, grandparents and guardians who want to help their kids succeed in school.
Sylvan Nation is your place to get helpful academic ideas (articles, tips, videos, activities), so you can help your child feel confident in school.
It’s open to everyone. You don’t have to be a Sylvan parent.
How does it work?
You complete small and easy activities to earn points, such as:
- Watching a short video about a fun STEM project
- Reading a brief article on how to improve study habits at home
- Even just logging in!
Then, you’ll use your points to get cool rewards.
What kind of rewards can I earn?
- Exclusive offers and deep discounts on Sylvan programs
- Gift cards at 200+ retailers
- Sweepstake prizes (like a FREE month of homework help)
- Activity booklets for younger kids
- Tools to navigate middle school
- Fun activity sheets for younger kids
- College planning tools for older kids
- And so much more
Do I have to have a Sylvan student to join?
Nope! All are welcome. You don’t have to be a Sylvan family to join.
You simply need to be 18 years or older and be a resident of the United States or Canada.
How much does it cost?
Absolutely nothing. It’s FREE.
Right… so what’s the catch?
There are no hidden fees, and you don’t have to make a purchase to participate.
It really is free.
Will the content be relevant to me?
You’ll find useful resources for each month of the school year. (Sylvan’s education experts update the content every month.)
And you’ll get awesome tips and tools for all stages of school: elementary, middle and high school.
You may be thinking about the transition to first grade… or the transition to college. You’ll find tools just for you.
Do I need to provide a lot of information to join?
You can use your Facebook account to sign up. Or if you prefer, simply enter a few basics:
- Your first and last name
- A username and password of your choice
- Email address
- Postal code
That’s it. It’s that simple!